1/03/2007

Last night was pretty sad for me...Steve Yzerman had his jersey retired. I have to say, without a biased opinion...that his retirement was probably one of the nicest I've seen.



This is when Steve took the podium and made his speech. After listening to his speech...it just solidified why I like him. "All the personal success I've had is just coincidental, I've played with great hockey players". There is really too much that I could write from what he said but I have it DVR'd if anyone wants to come over and watch it.




This is a picture of his wife, Lisa and their daughters, Isabella, Maria and Sofia.





This is the banner of his number being hoisted to the rafters. AND I didn't cry...I was more proud and happy for him. I was happy to see all the "old" players that I grew up watching. Yzerman is everything a superstar athlete should be....greatful and humble.

No comments: