10/31/2006

Today was my Muga.


Put a pic of Robbie McEwan ( makes me happy to look at cycling pics)

This morning I had my muga test done. This test took about an hour. I had to lay on a very thin bed, it was a little uncomfortable. They injected tin in me and then withdrew some blood and mixed some nuclear medicine in the blood and then injected that back into me...it basically lights up my heart so they can take images of it beating. I can't really describe the feeling that I had. My body sort of got hot when the nuclear medicine was put in me. They also put 3 sticker type things on me to hook me up to their machine to enable the nurse to take images. She ripped off the stickers and took some chest hair with it...hurt pretty bad.

Tonight, I wasn't allowed to hold the dogs because I am radioactive for about 24 hours. Rose came with me because I was nervous. All in all it wasn't as bad as I thought but I seem to always think the worst. The nurse showed me the images she took of my heart...it scared me to look at it..I don't know why but to me it doesn't seem normal to look at my heart. It got me anxious. I can't get the images of my heart out of my head because I'm unsure if it looks normal or not...I even asked the nurse if she could tell me if everything was alright after she told me she couldn't comment on it. Rose took the day off and I really appreciate it. I have an appt with my Dr on Friday for blood work, an exam & prescription refill. I guess my next BIG test is my bone marrow biopsy on January 5. On a positive note, the days I go to the gym, I'm able to sleep without sleeping pills. I can feel it when I don't go to the gym so I need to be consistent.

No comments: